Caitlin Moran - How To Build A Girl (2nd Hand Paperback)
How to Build a Girl is a 2014 coming-of-age novel by English author and journalist Caitlin Moran, published by Ebury Press.
The novel is semi-autobiographical, with protagonist Johanna Morrigan having a similar upbringing to Moran with a large working-class family on a council estate in Wolverhampton.
My name's Johanna Morrigan. I'm fourteen, and I've just decided to kill myself.
I don't really want to die, of course! I just need to kill Johanna, and build a new girl. Dolly Wilde will be everything I want to be, and more!
But as with all the best coming-of-age stories, it doesn't exactly go to plan.
- Format : Standard 2nd Hand Paperback
- Condition : Good
- Category : Fiction - Humorous Fiction
- Published : 2014 (This Edition 2015 - Ebury Press)
- ISBN : 9780091949013
- SKU : B002487
- PPC : SP300gm
- RRP : £7.99
- Quantity Available : 1 only.
"Caitlin Moran's style makes the story flow with the wit and sarcasm of a young woman trying to escape the poverty and despair of family life on benefits in the 1990s. Sometimes I felt sympathy for Johanna, sometimes I laughed with her, and other times I cringed. All believable teenage stuff! As her life expands into the wider world, everything gets more outrageous and the sympathy, laughing and cringing multiply." - Google Review.
' . . . rowdy and fearless . . . sloppy, big-hearted and alive in all the right ways' - The New York Times.
'Laughing out loud is just the start' - Zoe Williams, The Guardian.
Catherine Elizabeth "Caitlin" Moran is an English journalist, author, and broadcaster at The Times, where she writes three columns a week: one for the Saturday Magazine, a TV review column, and the satirical Friday column "Celebrity Watch".
Featured Author . . . Caitlin Moran
Guarantee & Refunds
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
All books and other items are covered by our 14 Day (No Questions Asked) Money Back Guarantee - this is comprised of purchase price and postage paid, but will usually not cover the cost of return postage. Books and other items must be returned, in the same condition as sold, to qualify for this refund. Refunds will be processed immeadiately upon return of books or other items.
However . . . number of books returned since the launch of this website in 2018 - None ! Please don't worry about the quality of any book you purchase - it'll be exactly as described in the Details section.
Ordering & Delivery
No minimum order & a simple checkout procedure. Debit & Credit Cards, Paypal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Shop Pay & American Express, etc, all accepted. All books & other items are in stock and ready for immediate dispatch (the same or the next business day).
- Free Local Delivery for large parts of the Glasgow North Area (automatically applied for qualifying postcodes) (1-2 Days).
- Standard UK Postal or Courier Delivery only £1.00 per order on orders under £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- Free UK Postal or Courier Delivery on orders over £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- UK 2 Day+ Preferred Courier delivery option (weight-based) now also available at the checkout stage (2-3 Days).
- International Delivery is available to most larger countries - charges & delivery times detailed here. Important Note : Some European Union & International orders may now be subject to VAT, import duties or taxes. If so, these would have to paid seperately, by the customer, as your order arrives in your country.
Delivery choices & costs can be calculated and checked on the Cart Page before advancing to the Checkout Page.
UK Delivery (Local, Post or Courier) :