Kevin Williamson (Editor) - Children of Albion Rovers (2nd Hand Paperback)
Children of Albion Rovers is the best-selling and critically acclaimed collection of novellas that features six of the most exciting young writers to emerge from Scotland in the 90s: award-winning authors Irvine Welsh, Alan Warner, Gordon Legge, and James Meek and introducing the striking new talents of Laura Hird and Paul Reekie.
Children of Albion Rovers is a world of tripped-out crematorium attendants (Alan Warner), vengeful traffic-wardens (James Meek), born-again vinyl junkies (Gordon Legge), and teenage girls who sexually humiliate their teachers (Laura Hird).
Also included are Paul Reekie's fictional account of ideals betrayed and Irvine Welsh's first ever sci-fi story, featuring alien space casuals wreaking havoc through the known universe.
The resulting mix is intoxicating to say the least.
- Format : Standard 2nd Hand Paperback
- Condition : Good
- Category : Fiction - Short Stories & Anthologies
- Published : 1997 (2nd Ed.)
- ISBN : 9780862417055
- SKU : B001061
- PPC : LL250gm
- Quantity Available : 1 only.
"This is an anthology of six novellas by Scottish writers that was released back in 1996 when Scots were all the rage. Hot stuff then, an interesting time capsule read now." - Goodreads Review.
" . . . a collection of novellas which, through attitude and clever marketing, became a publishing phenomenon. Owning a copy of the book, which fused Beat, punk and the street-smart humour of the football terraces and the boozer, under the Rebel Inc imprint, was as hip as owning a rare import album by an underground band." - The Herald.
Kevin Williamson (born 1961) is a writer, publisher, and activist originally from Caithness. He was a Scottish socialist and republican and was an activist for the Scottish Socialist Party (SSP). He was also the architect of their radical drug policy, which included the legalisation of cannabis and the provision under the National Health Service of free synthetic heroin to addicts under medical supervision to combat the problems of drugs in working class communities. He wrote a regular weekly column, "Rebel Ink", for the Scottish Socialist Voice.
Guarantee & Refunds
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
All books and other items are covered by our 14 Day (No Questions Asked) Money Back Guarantee - this is comprised of purchase price and postage paid, but will usually not cover the cost of return postage. Books and other items must be returned, in the same condition as sold, to qualify for this refund. Refunds will be processed immeadiately upon return of books or other items.
However . . . number of books returned since the launch of this website in 2018 - None ! Please don't worry about the quality of any book you purchase - it'll be exactly as described in the Details section.
Ordering & Delivery
No minimum order & a simple checkout procedure. Debit & Credit Cards, Paypal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Shop Pay & American Express, etc, all accepted. All books & other items are in stock and ready for immediate dispatch (the same or the next business day).
- Free Local Delivery for large parts of the Glasgow North Area (automatically applied for qualifying postcodes) (1-2 Days).
- Standard UK Postal or Courier Delivery only £1.00 per order on orders under £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- Free UK Postal or Courier Delivery on orders over £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- UK 2 Day+ Preferred Courier delivery option (weight-based) now also available at the checkout stage (2-3 Days).
- International Delivery is available to most larger countries - charges & delivery times detailed here. Important Note : Some European Union & International orders may now be subject to VAT, import duties or taxes. If so, these would have to paid seperately, by the customer, as your order arrives in your country.
Delivery choices & costs can be calculated and checked on the Cart Page before advancing to the Checkout Page.
UK Delivery (Local, Post or Courier) :