DK Eyewitness Travel Guide - California (2nd Hand Flexibound)
- Format : 2nd Hand Glossy Flexibound
- Condition : As New
- Category : Non-Fiction - USA
- Published : 1997
- ISBN : 9 780751 304039
- SKU : SHB000176
- Quantity Available : 1
The ideal travel companion, full of insider advice on what to see and do, plus detailed itineraries and comprehensive maps for exploring this vast and diverse state. Tour a winery in Napa, hike to the waterfalls in Yosemite National Park or ride a classic cable car in San Francisco: everything you need to know is clearly laid out within colour-coded chapters. Discover the best of California with this indispensable travel guide.
- Over 75 colour maps help you navigate with ease
- Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
- Comprehensive tours and itineraries of California, designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations and floorplans show the inside of icons such as the Getty Museum in Los Angeles and the California Academy of Sciences in San Francisco, and more
- Colour photographs of California's cities, valleys, deserts, forest, vineyards and national parks
- Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience: learn about history, festivals and traditions
- Detailed chapters, with area maps, cover Los Angeles; South Central California; Orange County; San Diego County; the Inland Empire and Low Desert; the Mojave Desert; San Francisco and the Bay Area; the North; Wine Country; Gold Country and the Central Valley; the High Sierras; and North Central California
- Essential travel tips: our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop, and sightsee, plus visa and health information
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide California is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you get the most from your visit to California.
DK Eyewitness: winner of the Top Guidebook Series in the Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards 2017.
"No other guide whets your appetite quite like this one" - The Independent
About DK Eyewitness Travel: DK's highly visual Eyewitness guides show you what others only tell you, with easy-to-read maps, tips, and tours to inform and enrich your holiday. DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.
Discover DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: California.
- Detailed itineraries and "don't-miss" destination highlights at a glance.
- Illustrated cutaway 3-D drawings of important sights.
- Floor plans and guided visitor information for major museums.
- Local drink and dining specialties to try, things to do, and places to eat, drink, and shop by area.
- Area maps marked with sights.
- Detailed city maps include street finder indexes for easy navigation.
- Insights into history and culture to help you understand the stories behind the sights.
- Hotel and restaurant listings highlight DK Choice special recommendations.
With hundreds of full-color photographs, hand-drawn illustrations, and custom maps that illuminate every page, DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: California truly shows you what others only tell you.
Series Overview: For more than two decades, DK Eyewitness Travel Guides have helped travellers experience the world through the history, art, architecture, and culture of their destinations. Expert travel writers and researchers provide independent editorial advice, recommendations, and reviews. With guidebooks to hundreds of places around the globe available in print and digital formats, DK Eyewitness Travel Guides show travellers how they can discover more.
DK Eyewitness Travel Guides: the most maps, photographs, and illustrations of any guide.
No minimum order. Free UK delivery on orders of over £10.00. UK delivery only £1.00 per order on orders of under £10.00. International delivery charges detailed here.
Immediate dispatch, via Royal Mail, from Scotland. All books and other products are fully guaranteed and covered by our refund policy. #CampsieBooks