DK Eyewitness Travel Guide - France (2nd Hand Flexibound)
The ideal travel companion, full of insider advice on what to see and do, plus detailed itineraries and comprehensive maps for exploring this vast and diverse nation.
Explore the museums and galleries of cosmopolitan Paris, relax over a glass of fine wine in Bordeaux or take a tour of the Loire Valley: everything you need to know is clearly laid out within colour-coded chapters. Discover the best of France with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide France:
- Over 65 colour maps help you navigate with ease.
- Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need.
- Comprehensive tours and itineraries of France, designed for every interest and budget.
- Illustrations and floorplans show in detail Palais des Papes, Chartres Cathedral, Mont-St-Michel, Château de Versailles, the Louvre and more.
- Colour photographs of wild mountains, scenic coastlines and magnificent gardens; grand châteaux and great Gothic cathedrals; the cosmopolitan city of Paris and the peaceful villages that dot the country, and more.
- Detailed chapters, with area maps, cover Paris - Ile de la Cité, Marais and Beaubourg; Tuileries and Opéra; Champs-Elysées and Invalides; the Left Bank; and further afield - le Nord and Picardy; Champagne; Alsace and Lorraine; Normandy; Brittany; the Loire Valley; Burgundy and Franche-Comté; the Massif Central; the Rhône Valley and French Alps; Poitou and Aquitaine; Périgord, Quercy and Gascony; the Pyrenees; Languedoc-Roussillon; Provence and the Côte d'Azur; and Corsica.
- Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience: learn about France's history, traditions and customs, classic food and drink, artists and writers, contrasting architecture, festivals and events.
- Essential travel tips: our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop and sightsee, plus useful phrases, and transport, visa and health information.
- Format : Thick, Full Colour, Glossy 2nd Hand Flexibound
- Condition : As New
- Category : Non-Fiction - Europe
- Published : 1998
- ISBN : 9780751300376
- SKU : B000232
- PPC : SP750gm
- Quantity Available : 1 only.
None currently available.
For more than two decades, DK Eyewitness Travel Guides have helped travellers experience the world through the history, art, architecture, and culture of their destinations. Expert travel writers and researchers provide independent editorial advice, recommendations, and reviews. With guidebooks to hundreds of places around the globe available in print and digital formats, DK Eyewitness Travel Guides show travellers how they can discover more.
Featured Series . . . DK Eyewitness Travel Guides