Dr Stuart Farrimond - The Science of Living (New Hardback)
Full Title : The Science of sleep, work, diet, rest, love, exercise, living.
Subtitled : 219 Reasons To Rethink Your Daily Routine.
A Sunday Times Best Seller.
Explore the science behind your daily living habits and make your day healthier, happier, and more productive.
Many of the activities we take for granted are in fact contrary to a healthy lifestyle. In this ground-breaking book, long-held beliefs are exploded by new science: drinking eight glasses a day is too much; breakfast isn't the most important meal of the day; smartphones are not making us all depressed.
Bringing to bear the latest research in psychology, nutrition, biology, and physics, best-selling author Dr Stuart Farrimond unearths the facts behind the fads, and provides take-away advice on every area of our lives - and all delivered in Dr Stu's trademark style; approachable, authoritative, and above all, entertaining.
The Science of Living debunks pseudo-science and delivers only the facts. One day - one body - over 200 examples of science in action.
- Format : Larger Thick New Hardback (No Dust Jacket Issued)
- Condition : New
- Category : Non-Fiction - Science & Technology
- Published : 2020 (DK Publishing)
- ISBN : 9780241387375
- SKU : B002510
- PPC : SP750gm
- RRP : £15.99
- Quantity Available : 1 only.
* Free UK Delivery on this book *
"What a bloody fascinating book this is! This is gold, pure gold. Accessible and informative facts offered up in a lovely, clean and bright presentation. Almost every single page has something worthwhile on it, and I lost count of the times my previously held beliefs were challenged and conquered."
"I cannot recommend this book highly enough, first class research, deep knowledge, its easy to read without dumbing down and its beautifully presented. Do yourself a favour and read it." - Goodreads Reviews.
"This fantastic book guides readers through all aspects of daily life, broken down into morning, afternoon, evening and night, to help all of us make positive choices to help our sleep, work, diet, rest, relationship and exercise patterns. Supported by colourful infographics, quotes and bitesize information throughout, it's a swift page-turner that also provides plenty of opportunities to delve much deeper." - Google Review.
Dr. Stuart Farrimond, a medical doctor turned food scientist and bestselling DK author, is a science and medical writer, presenter, and educator. He regularly appears on TV, and radio, and has written for publications including the Independent, the Daily Mail, and New Scientist.
Guarantee & Refunds
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
All books and other items are covered by our 14 Day (No Questions Asked) Money Back Guarantee - this is comprised of purchase price and postage paid, but will usually not cover the cost of return postage. Books and other items must be returned, in the same condition as sold, to qualify for this refund. Refunds will be processed immeadiately upon return of books or other items.
However . . . number of books returned since the launch of this website in 2018 - None ! Please don't worry about the quality of any book you purchase - it'll be exactly as described in the Details section.
Ordering & Delivery
No minimum order & a simple checkout procedure. Debit & Credit Cards, Paypal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Shop Pay & American Express, etc, all accepted. All books & other items are in stock and ready for immediate dispatch (the same or the next business day).
- Free Local Delivery for large parts of the Glasgow North Area (automatically applied for qualifying postcodes) (1-2 Days).
- Standard UK Postal or Courier Delivery only £1.00 per order on orders under £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- Free UK Postal or Courier Delivery on orders over £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- UK 2 Day+ Preferred Courier delivery option (weight-based) now also available at the checkout stage (2-3 Days).
- International Delivery is available to most larger countries - charges & delivery times detailed here. Important Note : Some European Union & International orders may now be subject to VAT, import duties or taxes. If so, these would have to paid seperately, by the customer, as your order arrives in your country.
Delivery choices & costs can be calculated and checked on the Cart Page before advancing to the Checkout Page.
UK Delivery (Local, Post or Courier) :