Edwin Moore - Scotland 1000 Things You Need To Know (2nd Hand Hardback)
Since before Hadrian built the wall, the Scots have been a race apart - fighters, builders, thinkers and drinkers, poets, players and pedagogues, proud of a fiercely independent creative heritage.
Scotland: 1,000 Things You Need To Know is the essential guide to the land and people, containing a wealth of information on all things Scottish.
How does the clan system work? . . . Why is Irn Bru spelled like that? . . . How many kings of Scotland died in bed? . . . When should you use the word 'Scotch'? . . . What actually is in a haggis? . . . And who on earth decided that the Declaration of Arbroath was a cornerstone of modern democracy?
Proudly celebrating Scottish achievement, fearlessly debunking sentiment and myth-making, Scotland: 1,000 Things You Need To Know is the real McCoy.
- Format : Standard 2nd Hand Hardback (No Dust Jacket Issued)
- Condition : Very Good
- Category : Non-Fiction - Scotland
- Published : 2008
- ISBN : 9781843548652
- SKU : B000152
- PPC : SP430gm
- Quantity Available : 1 only.
"Edwin Moore has gathered together more than 1,000 facts about its monarchs, heroes, and rogues; battles, scandals, and great trials; food and (of course) drink; legends, folklore, and sports for starters and presents them here in easily digestible, scone-sized portions." - Scribd.
Edwin Moore Edwin Moore is a former senior editor who spent 18 years working in non-fiction publishing. He now writes reference books.
Guarantee & Refunds
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
All books and other items are covered by our 14 Day (No Questions Asked) Money Back Guarantee - this is comprised of purchase price and postage paid, but will usually not cover the cost of return postage. Books and other items must be returned, in the same condition as sold, to qualify for this refund. Refunds will be processed immeadiately upon return of books or other items.
However . . . number of books returned since the launch of this website in 2018 - None ! Please don't worry about the quality of any book you purchase - it'll be exactly as described in the Details section.
Ordering & Delivery
No minimum order & a simple checkout procedure. Debit & Credit Cards, Paypal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Shop Pay & American Express, etc, all accepted. All books & other items are in stock and ready for immediate dispatch (the same or the next business day).
- Free Local Delivery for large parts of the Glasgow North Area (automatically applied for qualifying postcodes) (1-2 Days).
- Standard UK Postal or Courier Delivery only £1.00 per order on orders under £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- Free UK Postal or Courier Delivery on orders over £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- UK 2 Day+ Preferred Courier delivery option (weight-based) now also available at the checkout stage (2-3 Days).
- International Delivery is available to most larger countries - charges & delivery times detailed here. Important Note : Some European Union & International orders may now be subject to VAT, import duties or taxes. If so, these would have to paid seperately, by the customer, as your order arrives in your country.
Delivery choices & costs can be calculated and checked on the Cart Page before advancing to the Checkout Page.
UK Delivery (Local, Post or Courier) :