Giles Chapman - Chapman's Car Compendium (2nd Hand Hardback)
Subtitled : The Essential Book of Car Facts & Trivia.
At last: A book packed with addictive automative trivia aimed at every car fan worldwide.
Intended to be dipped into but also a distractingly compelling read, Chapman's Car Compendium takes the reader on a fascinating global journey of bumper-to-bumper facts and other miscellanea.
What is the brake horsepower of the 10 most powerful cars available today? In which 69 countries worldwide do cars drive on the left? What are the funniest bumper stickers to have been spotted on cars in America?
The answers to these and many, many more questions lie within.
Chapman's Car Compendium won the Montagu of Beaulieu Trophy in 2008.
- Format : Smaller 2nd Hand Hardback with Dust Jacket
- Condition : Very Good
- Category : Non-Fiction - Transportation
- Published : 2007 (Merrell)
- ISBN : 9781859944142
- SKU : B002675
- PPC : LL300gm
- RRP : Unknown
- Quantity Available : 1 only.
"Trivia for car enthusiasts" - Motoring & Leisure.
"A fascinating masterwork of obscurism" - Classic & Sports Car.
"Be Warned : if you pick this book up, you won't put it down. It's full of the most diverse automotive lore, from the plain odd, through amusing to awesome" - Classic Cars.
"Even the best-informed petrolhead is guaranteed to learn something new" - Channel 4.
"A useful, and sometimes hilarious, selection of facts about the motor industry that will keep you annoyingly gripped" - Motorsport.
Giles Chapman is an award-winning writer and commentator on the industry, history and culture of cars. He began his career in 1984 in automotive consultancy, moving into magazine publishing in 1985. By 1991, he was editor of Classic & Sports Car, the world's best-selling classic car magazine. Since 1994, he's worked freelance across a huge variety of media.
Guarantee & Refunds
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
All books and other items are covered by our 14 Day (No Questions Asked) Money Back Guarantee - this is comprised of purchase price and postage paid, but will usually not cover the cost of return postage. Books and other items must be returned, in the same condition as sold, to qualify for this refund. Refunds will be processed immeadiately upon return of books or other items.
However . . . number of books returned since the launch of this website in 2018 - None ! Please don't worry about the quality of any book you purchase - it'll be exactly as described in the Details section.
Ordering & Delivery
No minimum order & a simple checkout procedure. Debit & Credit Cards, Paypal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Shop Pay & American Express, etc, all accepted. All books & other items are in stock and ready for immediate dispatch (the same or the next business day).
- Free Local Delivery for large parts of the Glasgow North Area (automatically applied for qualifying postcodes) (1-2 Days).
- Standard UK Postal or Courier Delivery only £1.00 per order on orders under £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- Free UK Postal or Courier Delivery on orders over £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- UK 2 Day+ Preferred Courier delivery option (weight-based) now also available at the checkout stage (2-3 Days).
- International Delivery is available to most larger countries - charges & delivery times detailed here. Important Note : Some European Union & International orders may now be subject to VAT, import duties or taxes. If so, these would have to paid seperately, by the customer, as your order arrives in your country.
Delivery choices & costs can be calculated and checked on the Cart Page before advancing to the Checkout Page.
UK Delivery (Local, Post or Courier) :