Henry James On Italy (Selections From Italian Hours) (2nd Hand Hardback)
Italian Hours is a book of travel writing by Henry James first published in 1909. The book collected essays that James had written over nearly forty years about a country he knew and loved well.
James extensively revised and sometimes expanded the essays (2 new essays & a new introduction) to create a more consistent whole.
This first 1988 edition is subtitled : Selections From Italian Hours and is a very personal account of the romantic country by one of literature's greatest writers : it is also one of the great documents of travel.
Essays include : Venice, A Roman Holiday, Siena (Early & Late) & Tuscan Cities . . . 12 essays in total.
- Format : Landscape, Fully Illustrated 2nd Hand Hardback with Dust Jacket
- Condition : Very Good
- Category : Non-Fiction - Europe
- Published : 1909 (This Edition 1988 - Barrie & Jenkins / Weidenfeld & Nicolson - USA - "Selections" 1st Edition)
- ISBN : 9781555842383
- SKU : B002040
- PPC : SP650gm
- RRP : $24.95
- Quantity Available : 1 only.
Full Colour & Illustrated with maps & paintings (including by Turner) of the period throughout. 223pp.
"A Beautiful Book. Great to read about Italy in the early 1900's." - Ebay Review.
Henry James OM was an American author. He is regarded as a key transitional figure between literary realism and literary modernism and is considered by many to be among the greatest novelists in the English language.
Featured Author . . . Henry James
Guarantee & Refunds
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
All books and other items are covered by our 14 Day (No Questions Asked) Money Back Guarantee - this is comprised of purchase price and postage paid, but will usually not cover the cost of return postage. Books and other items must be returned, in the same condition as sold, to qualify for this refund. Refunds will be processed immeadiately upon return of books or other items.
However . . . number of books returned since the launch of this website in 2018 - None ! Please don't worry about the quality of any book you purchase - it'll be exactly as described in the Details section.
Ordering & Delivery
No minimum order & a simple checkout procedure. Debit & Credit Cards, Paypal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Shop Pay & American Express, etc, all accepted. All books & other items are in stock and ready for immediate dispatch (the same or the next business day).
- Free Local Delivery for large parts of the Glasgow North Area (automatically applied for qualifying postcodes) (1-2 Days).
- Standard UK Postal or Courier Delivery only £1.00 per order on orders under £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- Free UK Postal or Courier Delivery on orders over £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- UK 2 Day+ Preferred Courier delivery option (weight-based) now also available at the checkout stage (2-3 Days).
- International Delivery is available to most larger countries - charges & delivery times detailed here. Important Note : Some European Union & International orders may now be subject to VAT, import duties or taxes. If so, these would have to paid seperately, by the customer, as your order arrives in your country.
Delivery choices & costs can be calculated and checked on the Cart Page before advancing to the Checkout Page.
UK Delivery (Local, Post or Courier) :