Hilary Mantel - Bring Up The Bodies (Choice of 2 options)
- Format : Standard Thick 2nd Hand Paperback / Standard Thick 2nd Hand Hardback with Dust Jacket
- Condition : Paperback - Good / Hardback - Very Good
- Category : Fiction - Historical Fiction
- Published : Paperback - 2013 / Hardback - 2012 (1st Edition, 9th Printing) / Both - 4th Estate
- ISBN : PB - 9780007315109 / HB - 9780007315093
- SKU : PB - B001345-PB / HB - B001345-HB
- PPC : PB - SP450gm / HB - SP850gm
- RRP : PB - £9.99 / HB - £20 (Unclipped)
- Quantity Available : Choice of 2 options. Please make selection using rectangular buttons shown - price & other variables will alter automatically.
* This book qualifies for Free UK Delivery * (Hardback Only)
Winner of the Man Booker Prize 2012. Winner of the Costa Book of The Year 2012.
Bringing Up the Bodies is a historical novel by Hilary Mantel and sequel to her award-winning Wolf Hall. It is the second part of a trilogy charting the rise and fall of Thomas Cromwell, the powerful minister in the court of King Henry VIII.
In Bringing up the Bodies Hilary Mantel explores one of the most mystifying and frightening episodes in English history: the destruction of Anne Boleyn. By 1535 Thomas Cromwell is Chief Minister to Henry VIII, his fortunes having risen with those of Anne Boleyn, the king's new wife. But Anne has failed to give the king an heir, and Cromwell watches as Henry falls for plain Jane Seymour. Cromwell must find a solution that will satisfy Henry, safeguard the nation and secure his own career. But neither minister nor king will emerge unscathed from the bloody theatre of Anne's final days.
From history's darkroom, this novel offers a speaking picture to the modern world, a vision of Tudor England so recognisable it defies archaism.
An astounding literary accomplishment, Bring Up the Bodies is the story of this most terrifying moment of history, by one of our greatest living novelists.
It is the work of one of our great writers at the height of her powers.
'Simply exceptional . . . I envy anyone who hasn't yet read it' - Daily Mail.
'A gripping story of tumbling fury and terror' - Independent on Sunday.
No minimum order. Free UK delivery on orders of over £10.00. UK delivery only £1.00 per order on orders of under £10.00. International delivery charges detailed here.
Immediate dispatch, via Royal Mail, from Scotland. All books and other products are fully guaranteed and covered by our refund policy. #CampsieBooks