Jack London - The Sea Wolf (2nd Hand Hardback)
The Call of the Wild (1903) and White Fang (1906) are world famous animal stories. This is the other one . . . his other classic, a much more serious novel.
The Sea-Wolf is a 1904 psychological adventure novel by American writer Jack London. The book's protagonist, Humphrey Van Weyden, is a literary critic who is a survivor of an ocean collision and who comes under the dominance of Wolf Larsen, the powerful and amoral sea captain who rescues him.
One of his most popular novels, it also reveals London's preoccupation with the Nietzschean idea of the superman, and his interest in the brute underlying social behaviour.
Readers Digest illustrated edition.
- Format : Standard 2nd Hand Hardback (No Dust Jacket issued)
- Category : Fiction - Classics
- Condition - Good
- Published : First published 1904 (This Edition 1993 - Readers Digest)
- ISBN : N/A
- SKU : B002469
- PPC : SP500gm
- RRP : N/A
- Quantity Available : 1 only.
"This terrific tale of the sea is character driven. Also, a study of human nature. Life, death, courage, hope for survival, immortality and love. A really good, but under-rated read."
"It's an interesting book in which London explores human motivation and philosophises about the meaning of life and the value that society attaches to one profession over another."
"The biggest boldest piece of shit pulpedout, ridiculous, shitshow of a novel I've come across. ever . . . I love it." - Goodreads Reviews.
John Griffith London was an American novelist, journalist, and social activist. A pioneer of commercial fiction and American magazines, he was one of the first American authors to become an international celebrity and earn a large fortune from writing.
Featured Author . . . Jack London
Guarantee & Refunds
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
All books and other items are covered by our 14 Day (No Questions Asked) Money Back Guarantee - this is comprised of purchase price and postage paid, but will usually not cover the cost of return postage. Books and other items must be returned, in the same condition as sold, to qualify for this refund. Refunds will be processed immeadiately upon return of books or other items.
However . . . number of books returned since the launch of this website in 2018 - None ! Please don't worry about the quality of any book you purchase - it'll be exactly as described in the Details section.
Ordering & Delivery
No minimum order & a simple checkout procedure. Debit & Credit Cards, Paypal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Shop Pay & American Express, etc, all accepted. All books & other items are in stock and ready for immediate dispatch (the same or the next business day).
- Free Local Delivery for large parts of the Glasgow North Area (automatically applied for qualifying postcodes) (1-2 Days).
- Standard UK Postal or Courier Delivery only £1.00 per order on orders under £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- Free UK Postal or Courier Delivery on orders over £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- UK 2 Day+ Preferred Courier delivery option (weight-based) now also available at the checkout stage (2-3 Days).
- International Delivery is available to most larger countries - charges & delivery times detailed here. Important Note : Some European Union & International orders may now be subject to VAT, import duties or taxes. If so, these would have to paid seperately, by the customer, as your order arrives in your country.
Delivery choices & costs can be calculated and checked on the Cart Page before advancing to the Checkout Page.
UK Delivery (Local, Post or Courier) :