Jonathan Glancey - Harrier (2nd Hand Paperback)
The British designed and built the Harrier, the most successful vertical take-off-and-landing aircraft ever made.
Combining state-of-the-art fighter plane technology with a helicopter's ability to land vertically the Harrier has played an indispensable role for the RAF and Royal Navy in a number of conflicts, most famously the Falklands War.
Jonathan Glancey's biography is a vividly enjoyable account of the invention of this remarkable aeroplane and a fitting tribute to the inspiration and determination of the men and women who created it, and the bravery of the men who flew it, often in the most dangerous conditions.
- Format : Standard 2nd Hand Paperback
- Condition : As New
- Category : Non-Fiction - War & Civil War
- Published : 2014 (Atlantic Books)
- ISBN : 9781843548928
- SKU : B002103
- PPC : SP400gm
- RRP : £8.99
- Quantity Available : 1 only.
"Takes you on a vivid tour through the history of the aircraft and the men and women who created and flew it." - Daily Express.
"Remarkable journey of an amazing aircraft. Fortunate to have seen one close up, rise, tilt up vertical and shoot into the clouds. A thundering body filling event that brought me to overwhelming emotion for its sheer power terror and grace. The book even though filled with model names galore, weaves history into the Harriers life. I really enjoyed it" - Goodreads Review.
Jonathan Glancey, FRIBA is an architectural critic and writer who was the architecture and design editor at The Guardian, a position he held from 1997 to February 2012. He previously held the same post at The Independent.
Guarantee & Refunds
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
All books and other items are covered by our 14 Day (No Questions Asked) Money Back Guarantee - this is comprised of purchase price and postage paid, but will usually not cover the cost of return postage. Books and other items must be returned, in the same condition as sold, to qualify for this refund. Refunds will be processed immeadiately upon return of books or other items.
However . . . number of books returned since the launch of this website in 2018 - None ! Please don't worry about the quality of any book you purchase - it'll be exactly as described in the Details section.
Ordering & Delivery
No minimum order & a simple checkout procedure. Debit & Credit Cards, Paypal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Shop Pay & American Express, etc, all accepted. All books & other items are in stock and ready for immediate dispatch (the same or the next business day).
- Free Local Delivery for large parts of the Glasgow North Area (automatically applied for qualifying postcodes) (1-2 Days).
- Standard UK Postal or Courier Delivery only £1.00 per order on orders under £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- Free UK Postal or Courier Delivery on orders over £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- UK 2 Day+ Preferred Courier delivery option (weight-based) now also available at the checkout stage (2-3 Days).
- International Delivery is available to most larger countries - charges & delivery times detailed here. Important Note : Some European Union & International orders may now be subject to VAT, import duties or taxes. If so, these would have to paid seperately, by the customer, as your order arrives in your country.
Delivery choices & costs can be calculated and checked on the Cart Page before advancing to the Checkout Page.
UK Delivery (Local, Post or Courier) :