Matthew Biggs - Gardening at Eden (And How To Do It At Home) (2nd Hand Hardback)
When work on the Eden Project began in February 1999, the worked-out china clay pit of Bodelva in Cornwall was a grey 'moonscape' fifteen metres below sea level that contained no life and no natural soil. Today, the pit is home to one of the world's most famous and diverse gardens, containing 130,000 plants from 3,500 species across the globe.
The seemingly impossible task of creating and managing specialist habitats from desert to rainforest in a sterile hole in the ground has given the horticultural team at Eden a unique experience of 'gardening at the edge'.
Now, in Gardening at Eden, Matthew Biggs talks to the gardeners who have been with the Project from the beginning to discover exactly how they achieved the impossible, and how you can do it at home. As well as learning about the truly rare and magical plants that are grown in the diverse environments of the Eden biomes, we find out why the plants were chosen, how they are maintained and how they can be made to flourish.
If you've ever wondered if you could grow chillies in your back garden, how you could achieve the smells of the Mediterranean on your balcony, or how exactly to plant bulbs on a sixty-degree slope, look no further.
- Format : Large, Thick 2nd Hand Hardback with Dust Jacket
- Condition : As New
- Category : Non-Fiction - Home & Garden
- Published : 2006
- ISBN : 9781903919736
- SKU : B000240
- PPC : SP810gm
- RRP : £25 (Unclipped)
- Quantity Available : 1 only.
"Packed with tried and tested tips and techniques covering all aspects of global gardening from design and soil to propagation and pest control, this book shows us how everyone can garden 'The Eden Way'." - Google Review.
Matthew Biggs, is a radio personality in the UK, best known for his appearances on the long running BBC Radio 4 programme Gardeners' Question Time. He has been a professional gardener for over 50 years, since studying at Pershore College of Horticulture and the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew.
Guarantee & Refunds
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
All books and other items are covered by our 14 Day (No Questions Asked) Money Back Guarantee - this is comprised of purchase price and postage paid, but will usually not cover the cost of return postage. Books and other items must be returned, in the same condition as sold, to qualify for this refund. Refunds will be processed immeadiately upon return of books or other items.
However . . . number of books returned since the launch of this website in 2018 - None ! Please don't worry about the quality of any book you purchase - it'll be exactly as described in the Details section.
Ordering & Delivery
No minimum order & a simple checkout procedure. Debit & Credit Cards, Paypal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Shop Pay & American Express, etc, all accepted. All books & other items are in stock and ready for immediate dispatch (the same or the next business day).
- Free Local Delivery for large parts of the Glasgow North Area (automatically applied for qualifying postcodes) (1-2 Days).
- Standard UK Postal or Courier Delivery only £1.00 per order on orders under £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- Free UK Postal or Courier Delivery on orders over £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- UK 2 Day+ Preferred Courier delivery option (weight-based) now also available at the checkout stage (2-3 Days).
- International Delivery is available to most larger countries - charges & delivery times detailed here. Important Note : Some European Union & International orders may now be subject to VAT, import duties or taxes. If so, these would have to paid seperately, by the customer, as your order arrives in your country.
Delivery choices & costs can be calculated and checked on the Cart Page before advancing to the Checkout Page.
UK Delivery (Local, Post or Courier) :