Neil Gaiman - Norse Mythology (2nd Hand Paperback)
No' 1 Sunday Times Bestseller.
The great Norse myths, which have inspired so much of modern fiction, are dazzlingly retold by Neil Gaiman.
Tales of dwarfs and frost giants, of treasure and magic, and of Asgard, home to the gods: Odin the all-father, highest and oldest of the Aesir; his mighty son Thor, whose hammer Mjollnir makes the mountain giants tremble ; Loki, wily and handsome, reliably unreliable in his lusts; and Freya, more beautiful than the sun or the moon, who spurns those who seek to control her.
"As I retold these myths, I tried to imagine myself a long time ago, in the lands where these stories were first told, during the long winter nights perhaps, under the glow of the northern lights or sitting outside in the small hours, awake in the unending daylight of midsummer." - Neil Gaiman.
From the dawn of the world to the twilight of the gods, this is a thrilling, vivid retelling of the Norse myths from the award-winning, bestselling Neil Gaiman.
- Format : Standard 2nd Hand Paperback
- Condition : As New
- Category : Fiction - Fantasy
- Published : 2017 (This Edition 2018 - Bloomsbury)
- ISBN : 9781408891957
- SKU : B001002
- PPC : LL300gm
- RRP : £8.99
- Quantity Available : 1 only.
'Brilliant . . . Somehow he brings us close to this world of mountains and cataracts, monsters and elves.' - The Sunday Times.
'It's virtually impossible to read more than ten words by Neil Gaiman and not wish he would tell you the rest of the story . . . The halls of Valhalla have been crying out for Gaiman to tell their stories to a new audience. Hopefully this collection will be just the beginning.' - The Observer.
'There have been countless retellings of the Norse myths, but few that give them the everyday immediacy of Neil Gaiman's wry, punchy phrasing and delivery.' - The Times.
'Gaiman retells the Norse sagas in his own lucid, laid-back style, teasing out the humour and absurdity inherent in the source material.' - Financial Times.
'Beautifully told and a lot of fun.' - Mail on Sunday.
Neil Richard MacKinnon Gaiman is an English author of short fiction, novels, comic books, graphic novels, nonfiction, audio theatre, and films. His works include the comic book series The Sandman and novels Stardust, American Gods, Coraline, and The Graveyard Book.
Featured Author . . . Neil Gaiman
Guarantee & Refunds
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
All books and other items are covered by our 14 Day (No Questions Asked) Money Back Guarantee - this is comprised of purchase price and postage paid, but will usually not cover the cost of return postage. Books and other items must be returned, in the same condition as sold, to qualify for this refund. Refunds will be processed immeadiately upon return of books or other items.
However . . . number of books returned since the launch of this website in 2018 - None ! Please don't worry about the quality of any book you purchase - it'll be exactly as described in the Details section.
Ordering & Delivery
No minimum order & a simple checkout procedure. Debit & Credit Cards, Paypal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Shop Pay & American Express, etc, all accepted. All books & other items are in stock and ready for immediate dispatch (the same or the next business day).
- Free Local Delivery for large parts of the Glasgow North Area (automatically applied for qualifying postcodes) (1-2 Days).
- Standard UK Postal or Courier Delivery only £1.00 per order on orders under £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- Free UK Postal or Courier Delivery on orders over £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- UK 2 Day+ Preferred Courier delivery option (weight-based) now also available at the checkout stage (2-3 Days).
- International Delivery is available to most larger countries - charges & delivery times detailed here. Important Note : Some European Union & International orders may now be subject to VAT, import duties or taxes. If so, these would have to paid seperately, by the customer, as your order arrives in your country.
Delivery choices & costs can be calculated and checked on the Cart Page before advancing to the Checkout Page.
UK Delivery (Local, Post or Courier) :