Nicholas Tracy - Nelson's Battles (2nd Hand Hardback)
Subtitled : The Art of Victory in The Age of Sail.
This book is a brilliant study of those naval battles of Horatio Nelson which played such an important role in the defeat of Napoleon Bonaparte - an account of British Vice Admiral Horatio Nelson's (1758-1805) military career that should please Nelson fans and readers new to or old in the naval warfare.
It is a significant contribution to the study of the development of strategy and naval tactics in the eighteenth & nineteenth centuries.
His three great victories at the Nile, Copenhagen and Trafalgar are described in detail, as well as the ships and their armament, strategy. battle tactics, signals and instructions and, not least, the protagonist himself.
- Format : Large 2nd Hand Hardback with Dust Jacket
- Condition : Good (Very slight fading to spine of dust jacket only, otherwise Very Good)
- Category : Non-Fiction - War & Civil War
- Published : 1996 (This Edition 2001 - Chatam Publishing / Caxton)
- ISBN : 9781840673579
- SKU : B001900
- PPC : SP700gm
- RRP : £28.00
- Quantity Available : 1 Only.
Caxton Edition. Fully illustrated in B&W with portraits, maps, drawings, battle plans, etc.
"What I had originally thought to be a coffee table book turned out to be an extremely in-depth account, not only of Nelson’s battles, but also a very geeky history of the entire “line of battle” system, it’s evolution from the late 17th Century to its peak in during the Napoleonic Wars of the early 19th Century, theoretical and practical changes, specific battles that either were effected by (or resulted in) updates in tactics, publications, and the development of naval signal systems in both French and English navies." - Goodreads Review.
Dr Nicholas Tracy is a member of the History Department of the University of New Brunswick, and an associate of the Gregg Centre for the Study of War and Society.
Guarantee & Refunds
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
All books and other items are covered by our 14 Day (No Questions Asked) Money Back Guarantee - this is comprised of purchase price and postage paid, but will usually not cover the cost of return postage. Books and other items must be returned, in the same condition as sold, to qualify for this refund. Refunds will be processed immeadiately upon return of books or other items.
However . . . number of books returned since the launch of this website in 2018 - None ! Please don't worry about the quality of any book you purchase - it'll be exactly as described in the Details section.
Ordering & Delivery
No minimum order & a simple checkout procedure. Debit & Credit Cards, Paypal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Shop Pay & American Express, etc, all accepted. All books & other items are in stock and ready for immediate dispatch (the same or the next business day).
- Free Local Delivery for large parts of the Glasgow North Area (automatically applied for qualifying postcodes) (1-2 Days).
- Standard UK Postal or Courier Delivery only £1.00 per order on orders under £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- Free UK Postal or Courier Delivery on orders over £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- UK 2 Day+ Preferred Courier delivery option (weight-based) now also available at the checkout stage (2-3 Days).
- International Delivery is available to most larger countries - charges & delivery times detailed here. Important Note : Some European Union & International orders may now be subject to VAT, import duties or taxes. If so, these would have to paid seperately, by the customer, as your order arrives in your country.
Delivery choices & costs can be calculated and checked on the Cart Page before advancing to the Checkout Page.
UK Delivery (Local, Post or Courier) :