Oscar Lenius - A Well-Dressed Gentleman's Pocket Guide (2nd Hand Hardback)
While fashion is subject to seasonal change, the wardrobe of the man who dresses in classic style is marked by a distinctive continuity.
A Well-Dressed Gentleman’s Pocket Guide is both an etiquette and a history of impeccable dressing and classic styling. It illustrates the fine distinctions of the gentleman’s dress code, arming the reader with the requisite information to dress for any occasion.
It covers the entire wardrobe - from suits, coats, shirts, and shoes to umbrellas and underclothing - their history, manufacture, tailoring, materials, patterns, and colours.
There are also summary style charts and warnings of classic faux pas. Any gentleman should consider himself incomplete without this elegant and authoritative pocket accessory.
- Format : Pocket Sized Hardback with Dust Jacket
- Condition : Very Good
- Category : Non-Fiction - The Arts, Photography & Fashion
- Published : 1998 (Prion)
- ISBN : 9781853755699
- SKU : B000697
- PPC : LL290gm
- Quantity Available : 1 only.
"More history than guide, but informative and amusing nonetheless." - Goodreads Review.
Oscar Lenius is the nom de plume of the proprietor of Germany's leading group of menswear stores. He is also President of the International Union of Menswear Outfitters.
Guarantee & Refunds
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
All books and other items are covered by our 14 Day (No Questions Asked) Money Back Guarantee - this is comprised of purchase price and postage paid, but will usually not cover the cost of return postage. Books and other items must be returned, in the same condition as sold, to qualify for this refund. Refunds will be processed immeadiately upon return of books or other items.
However . . . number of books returned since the launch of this website in 2018 - None ! Please don't worry about the quality of any book you purchase - it'll be exactly as described in the Details section.
Ordering & Delivery
No minimum order & a simple checkout procedure. Debit & Credit Cards, Paypal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Shop Pay & American Express, etc, all accepted. All books & other items are in stock and ready for immediate dispatch (the same or the next business day), via local delivery, standard Royal Mail post or courier.
- Free Local Delivery for large parts of the Glasgow North Area (automatically applied for qualifying postcodes) (1-2 Days).
- Standard UK Postal or Courier Delivery only £1.00 per order on orders under £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- Free UK Postal or Courier Delivery on orders over £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- UK 2 Day+ Preferred Courier delivery option (weight-based) now also available at the checkout stage (2-3 Days).
- International Delivery is available to most larger countries - charges & delivery times detailed here.
Delivery choices & costs can be calculated and checked on the Cart Page before advancing to the Checkout Page.
UK Delivery (Local, Post or Courier) :