Patrick Kingsley - How To Be Danish (2nd Hand Paperback)
Subtitled : A journey to the cultural heart of Denmark.
From Lego to Lund . . . a short introduction to the state of Denmark.
Denmark was & is the country of the moment.
Recently named the happiest nation in the world, it's the motherland of The Bridge, Borgen, and The Killing, and home to Noma, the world's best restaurant.
But though we wear their jumpers and watch their thrillers, how much do we really know about the Danes themselves?
Part reportage, part travelogue, How to be Danish is an attempt to fill in some of the gaps - an introduction to contemporary Danish culture that spans television, food, design, architecture, welfare, immigration, & politics with a chapter on the capital city Copenhagen.
- Format : Standard 2nd Hand Paperback
- Condition : Very Good
- Category : Non-Fiction - Europe
- Published : 2013 (Short Books)
- ISBN : 9781780721880
- SKU : B001828
- PPC : LL250gm
- RRP : £8.99
- Quantity Available : 1 only.
"Breezy, but pithy. Fascinating snapshot of modern Denmark, in all its hygge glory. Good, thought-provoking insights on the travails of community-minded Danes' coming to grips with multiculturalism, being exceptional, and maintaining their core cultural values in this rapidly globalised new era." - Goodreads Review.
Patrick Kingsley is a British journalist who is an international correspondent for The New York Times, based in Berlin. He previously served as a foreign correspondent for The Guardian.
Guarantee & Refunds
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
All books and other items are covered by our 14 Day (No Questions Asked) Money Back Guarantee - this is comprised of purchase price and postage paid, but will usually not cover the cost of return postage. Books and other items must be returned, in the same condition as sold, to qualify for this refund. Refunds will be processed immeadiately upon return of books or other items.
However . . . number of books returned since the launch of this website in 2018 - None ! Please don't worry about the quality of any book you purchase - it'll be exactly as described in the Details section.
Ordering & Delivery
No minimum order & a simple checkout procedure. Debit & Credit Cards, Paypal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Shop Pay & American Express, etc, all accepted. All books & other items are in stock and ready for immediate dispatch (the same or the next business day).
- Free Local Delivery for large parts of the Glasgow North Area (automatically applied for qualifying postcodes) (1-2 Days).
- Standard UK Postal or Courier Delivery only £1.00 per order on orders under £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- Free UK Postal or Courier Delivery on orders over £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- UK 2 Day+ Preferred Courier delivery option (weight-based) now also available at the checkout stage (2-3 Days).
- International Delivery is available to most larger countries - charges & delivery times detailed here. Important Note : Some European Union & International orders may now be subject to VAT, import duties or taxes. If so, these would have to paid seperately, by the customer, as your order arrives in your country.
Delivery choices & costs can be calculated and checked on the Cart Page before advancing to the Checkout Page.
UK Delivery (Local, Post or Courier) :