Peter Prescott & Terence Conran - Eat London 3 (All About Food) (2nd Hand Softback)
London is a city brim-full of culinary possibilities, from lively markets to Michelin-starred restaurants.
This third edition of Eat London is completely revised and updated, with entries highlighting the very best food stops not to be missed on a tour of London in 14 chapters.
This is much more than a restaurant guide - it is a book all about food and the people who make, sell and care about it. From the best fish and chip shops of East London to haute cuisine and artisan food stores in Mayfair, every entry has been assessed for quality, originality, convivial ambience and consistency.
Also featured are recipes from some of the capital's favourite restaurants including A. Wong, Balthazar, Morito and The Palomar.
Special photography by Lisa Linder illustrates the wonderful food and everyday street life of the city.
- Format : Larger 2nd Hand Softback with Dust Cover
- Condition : Very Good (Almost As New)
- Category : Non-Fiction - Cookbooks, Food & Drink
- Published : 2017 (Conran Octopus Books)
- ISBN : 9781840917468
- SKU : B002790
- PPC : SP800gm
- RRP : £25
- Quantity Available : 1 only.
300pp. Full Colour & Glossy.
"This book covers London food markets, specialist shops and restaurants. All well known food centres are covered as well as lots of hidden or little known gems. A treasure trove of places to discover, visit or re-visit."
"It's written by enthusiastic food writers and is divided into chapters according to areas of London with a sketched outline map of each area to show you where the eateries are. It's not just posh places to dine but covers markets, cafes, coffee shops, cake shops, book shops with a café (Books for Cooks which I love), diners, pubs, hotels . . . So anything foodie." - Google Reviews.
Peter Prescott has worked with Terence Conran since 2001 for the Conran Restaurants group. Before this he garnered experience at Claridge’s and Grosvenor House on Park Lane. In 2006 Peter and Terence formed a new company called Prescott & Conran Ltd., the venture responsible for the award-winning Boundary Hotel, Restaurant and Rooftop, plus Albion Café, Bakery and Shop, and Lutyens Restaurant, Bar and Cellar Rooms in London’s Fleet Street.
Sir Terence Orby Conran CH RDI FCSD was an English designer, restaurateur, retailer and writer. He founded the Design Museum in Shad Thames, London in 1989 The British designer Thomas Heatherwick said that Conran "moved Britain forward to make it an influence around the world."
Guarantee & Refunds
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
All books and other items are covered by our 14 Day (No Questions Asked) Money Back Guarantee - this is comprised of purchase price and postage paid, but will usually not cover the cost of return postage. Books and other items must be returned, in the same condition as sold, to qualify for this refund. Refunds will be processed immeadiately upon return of books or other items.
However . . . number of books returned since the launch of this website in 2018 - None ! Please don't worry about the quality of any book you purchase - it'll be exactly as described in the Details section.
Ordering & Delivery
No minimum order & a simple checkout procedure. Debit & Credit Cards, Paypal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Shop Pay & American Express, etc, all accepted. All books & other items are in stock and ready for immediate dispatch (the same or the next business day).
- Free Local Delivery for large parts of the Glasgow North Area (automatically applied for qualifying postcodes) (1-2 Days).
- Standard UK Postal or Courier Delivery only £1.00 per order on orders under £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- Free UK Postal or Courier Delivery on orders over £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- UK 2 Day+ Preferred Courier delivery option (weight-based) now also available at the checkout stage (2-3 Days).
- International Delivery is available to most larger countries - charges & delivery times detailed here. Important Note : Some European Union & International orders may now be subject to VAT, import duties or taxes. If so, these would have to paid seperately, by the customer, as your order arrives in your country.
Delivery choices & costs can be calculated and checked on the Cart Page before advancing to the Checkout Page.
UK Delivery (Local, Post or Courier) :