Philip Miller - All The Galaxies (2nd Hand Softback)
John Fallon is a disillusioned journalist on a failing Glasgow newspaper. After a second failed independence referendum, Scotland is in turmoil, having broken into a number of autonomous city states.
Roland, his son, has gone missing after a student protest turns into a violent clash with the newly militarised police. Roland has in fact been killed, but is wakened in the afterlife by his spirit guide, his beloved childhood dog, Kim. Kim takes Roland on a journey to the planet where the dead go, where Roland hopes to find his long dead mother.
Meanwhile, Fallon, searching for his son, uncovers a trail that leads to beleaguered city leader, Parry, and his shadowy advisor, Norloch. As Roland makes a shocking discovery that requires an impossible choice, Fallon discovers that a great deal more is at stake than the future of one nation.
In All the Galaxies, Miller presents a mesmerising morality tale than proves both a compulsive page-turner and unforgettable emotional journey.
- Format : Standard 2nd Hand Softback with French Fold Sleeves
- Condition : Very Good
- Category : Fiction - Scottish Fiction
- Published : 2017 (Freight Books - With Author Inscription & Signature)
- ISBN : 9781911332190
- SKU : B002408
- PPC : SP400gm
- RRP : £9.99
- Quantity Available : 1 only.
‘A wonderful mix of dystopia and supernatural, full of enough twists and turns to make sure the reader is always guessing what’s going to happen next. Yet for all its weirdness, at its core, this is a truly life-affirming tale of loss and love.’ - The Scot Magazine.
'‘A riveting tale set in an entirely plausible future Glasgow. Elegant and enthralling. A wonderful read’ - Daniela Sacerdoti.
'‘All the Galaxies gives us a vivid image of dystopian Scotland, then adds to it the rush of intergalactic flight, the devil, mass murder, some luminous jellyfish, and a poignant portrayal of a struggling single father. That is to say, it is unsettling and uncommon and darkly atmospheric, with disarming flashes of hope and beauty.’ - Denise Mina.
'‘It’s dark, it’s mysterious, it’s humorous, it’s thought provoking and its poignan . . . it’s a stunning book, it takes you on quite a journey.’ - The Scotsman.
Philip Miller is a writer and poet who lives in Edinburgh, Scotland. He was one of the 2019 Robert Louis Stevenson Fellows. His published novels are All The Galaxies (2017, Allen and Unwin) and The Blue Horse (2015).
Guarantee & Refunds
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
All books and other items are covered by our 14 Day (No Questions Asked) Money Back Guarantee - this is comprised of purchase price and postage paid, but will usually not cover the cost of return postage. Books and other items must be returned, in the same condition as sold, to qualify for this refund. Refunds will be processed immeadiately upon return of books or other items.
However . . . number of books returned since the launch of this website in 2018 - None ! Please don't worry about the quality of any book you purchase - it'll be exactly as described in the Details section.
Ordering & Delivery
No minimum order & a simple checkout procedure. Debit & Credit Cards, Paypal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Shop Pay & American Express, etc, all accepted. All books & other items are in stock and ready for immediate dispatch (the same or the next business day).
- Free Local Delivery for large parts of the Glasgow North Area (automatically applied for qualifying postcodes) (1-2 Days).
- Standard UK Postal or Courier Delivery only £1.00 per order on orders under £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- Free UK Postal or Courier Delivery on orders over £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- UK 2 Day+ Preferred Courier delivery option (weight-based) now also available at the checkout stage (2-3 Days).
- International Delivery is available to most larger countries - charges & delivery times detailed here. Important Note : Some European Union & International orders may now be subject to VAT, import duties or taxes. If so, these would have to paid seperately, by the customer, as your order arrives in your country.
Delivery choices & costs can be calculated and checked on the Cart Page before advancing to the Checkout Page.
UK Delivery (Local, Post or Courier) :