Sugar Ray Leonard - The Big Fight (2nd Hand Paperback)
An Olympic hero and a world champion in five weight divisions, Sugar Ray Leonard achieved phenomenal boxing success despite also having to fight depression, bouts of rage and drug addiction. In 'The Big Fight', Leonard explains how he came to terms with the contradictions that tormented him.
'To be legendary you got to have heart . . . Ray's heart was bigger than all the rest' - Muhammad Ali.
Sugar Ray Leonard was one of the greatest boxers ever. An artist and a showman he was always willing to take the difficult fight: his gruelling encounters with Roberto Duran, Thomas Hearns and Marvin Hagler have become legendary.
Ray's autobiography takes you into the ring - with the mind games, brutality and euphoria. But, outside of the ring, Ray's biggest opponent was himself. From early domestic violence and sexual abuse to a blur of fame, sex, greed, drink and drug addiction at the height of his career that cost him so much, The Big Fight is a remarkable portrait of the rise, fall and final redemption of a true fighter in every sense.
- Format : Standard 2nd Hand Paperback
- Condition : Good (Very, very slight tanning only, otherwise Very Good)
- Category : Non-Fiction - Sports & Pastimes
- Published : 2011 (This Edition 2013 - Ebury Press)
- ISBN : 9780091946814
- SKU : B002789
- PPC : LL300gm
- RRP : £10.99
- Quantity Available : 1 only.
"Gripping and revealing, the raw truth" - The Guardian.
"An uninhibited memoir . . . Sugar Ray’s bittersweet ascent to greatness." - Daily Telegraph.
"A fascinating, illuminating, engaging story of what it takes to be successful at the highest levels. Simultaneously, The Big Fight is a most instructive study of competitive strategy." - New York Journal of Books.
Sugar Ray Leonard. Considered one of the best fighters of all time.
Ray Charles Leonard, best known as "Sugar" Ray Leonard, is an American former professional boxer, motivational speaker, and occasional actor.
Guarantee & Refunds
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
All books and other items are covered by our 14 Day (No Questions Asked) Money Back Guarantee - this is comprised of purchase price and postage paid, but will usually not cover the cost of return postage. Books and other items must be returned, in the same condition as sold, to qualify for this refund. Refunds will be processed immeadiately upon return of books or other items.
However . . . number of books returned since the launch of this website in 2018 - None ! Please don't worry about the quality of any book you purchase - it'll be exactly as described in the Details section.
Ordering & Delivery
No minimum order & a simple checkout procedure. Debit & Credit Cards, Paypal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Shop Pay & American Express, etc, all accepted. All books & other items are in stock and ready for immediate dispatch (the same or the next business day).
- Free Local Delivery for large parts of the Glasgow North Area (automatically applied for qualifying postcodes) (1-2 Days).
- Standard UK Postal or Courier Delivery only £1.00 per order on orders under £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- Free UK Postal or Courier Delivery on orders over £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- UK 2 Day+ Preferred Courier delivery option (weight-based) now also available at the checkout stage (2-3 Days).
- International Delivery is available to most larger countries - charges & delivery times detailed here. Important Note : Some European Union & International orders may now be subject to VAT, import duties or taxes. If so, these would have to paid seperately, by the customer, as your order arrives in your country.
Delivery choices & costs can be calculated and checked on the Cart Page before advancing to the Checkout Page.
UK Delivery (Local, Post or Courier) :