The AA Guide to Car Marques - A Graphic Guide to The Brands & Their Logos (2nd Hand Hardback)
Author : Simon Heptinstall.
Whether a dramatic image rendered in chrome such as the Mustang on Ford’s original ‘pony car’, Porsche’s elaborate coat of arms or, like Land Rover, simply the manufacturer’s name, the badge on the bonnet is crucial to the identity of a marque.
This A-Z of more than 90 brand emblems, current and defunct – from Abarth to Zil – tells the stories of each badge and what it reveals of the car maker and its history.
Including annotations of the designs, detailed information about their origins and evolution, delve into this invaluable resource for graphic designers, logo enthusiasts and/or motoring aficionados!
- Format : Standard 2nd Hand Hardback (No Dust Jacket Issued)
- Condition : As New
- Category : Non-Fiction - Transportation
- Published : 2018 (Quarto - 1st Edition, 1st Printing)
- ISBN : 9780749579715
- SKU : B002738
- PPC : SP500gm
- RRP : £14.99
- Quantity Available : 1 only.
"The cars are listed alphabetically, with the marque on the left, and a short but fascinating description of the car on the right, with a diagram of the colour scheme, and the background."
"Well organised concise book that contains plenty of out of the way facts for enthusiasts with an interest in motoring history." - Google Reviews.
"A book that simply does what it says, a comprehensive and informative guide to car marques. I read this because I find the ideas behind the designs fascinating, but what I wasn't expecting to also learn was the history of the brands themselves. Very interesting." - Goodreads Review.
AA plc, trading as The AA, is a British motoring association founded in 1905, which currently provides vehicle insurance, driving lessons, breakdown cover, loans, motoring advice, road maps and other services.
Guarantee & Refunds
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
All books and other items are covered by our 14 Day (No Questions Asked) Money Back Guarantee - this is comprised of purchase price and postage paid, but will usually not cover the cost of return postage. Books and other items must be returned, in the same condition as sold, to qualify for this refund. Refunds will be processed immeadiately upon return of books or other items.
However . . . number of books returned since the launch of this website in 2018 - None ! Please don't worry about the quality of any book you purchase - it'll be exactly as described in the Details section.
Ordering & Delivery
No minimum order & a simple checkout procedure. Debit & Credit Cards, Paypal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Shop Pay & American Express, etc, all accepted. All books & other items are in stock and ready for immediate dispatch (the same or the next business day).
- Free Local Delivery for large parts of the Glasgow North Area (automatically applied for qualifying postcodes) (1-2 Days).
- Standard UK Postal or Courier Delivery only £1.00 per order on orders under £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- Free UK Postal or Courier Delivery on orders over £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- UK 2 Day+ Preferred Courier delivery option (weight-based) now also available at the checkout stage (2-3 Days).
- International Delivery is available to most larger countries - charges & delivery times detailed here. Important Note : Some European Union & International orders may now be subject to VAT, import duties or taxes. If so, these would have to paid seperately, by the customer, as your order arrives in your country.
Delivery choices & costs can be calculated and checked on the Cart Page before advancing to the Checkout Page.
UK Delivery (Local, Post or Courier) :