The Hummingbird Bakery - Life Is Sweet (2nd Hand Hardback)
Delving into the wonderful world of American home-baking, this is a brilliant new collection of recipes from the Hummingbird Bakery.
It includes everything from classics you know and love, Buttermilk Pancakes, Shaker Lemon Pie, tunnel of fudge cake, to those you'll love discovering, an indulgent Lady Baltimore cake, sticky Molasses Pecan Crumb Cake, and a chocolate cake with a twist.
There are home-made versions of all-American favourites Vanilla and Chocolate Cookies, Peanut Butter Ice-cream, Toasted Marshmallow Cupcakes as well as new takes on Hummingbird classics, such as Red Velvet Brownies and Black Bottom Pancakes.
With 100 brand new recipes there s something for every baking occasion: from quick pancakes and cookies, to indulgent puddings and ice creams, to show-stopping layer cakes.
- Format : Large 2nd Hand Hardback (No Dust Jacket Issued)
- Condition : Very Good
- Category : Non-Fiction - Cookbooks, Food & Drink
- Published : 2015 (4th Estate)
- ISBN : 9780007564590
- SKU : B002779
- PPC : SP1000gm
- RRP : £20
- Quantity Available : 1 only.
"The book is split into 10 sections: Cakes, Cupcakes, Layer Cakes, Pies, Cookies & Candies, Traybakes, Pancakes, Ice Cream, Puddings, Bread & Savouries.
I've dabbled in quite a few of the recipes and from what I have baked and read of the rest of the book, I like what I see. The recipes are clear and there's a recipe for every skill level. You can easily judge whether you're fit to bake a recipe from reading through it first.
There's a recipe for every occasion and all the Seasons!" - Google Review.
"A Brilliant book and lovely recipes - I've made lots of things from this book and the previous hummingbird bakery books and they are always delicious (even if they don't turn out quite like the pictures!!!)" - Waterstones Review.
Tarek Malouf was born in London and studied at London and Los Angeles universities, where he discovered American desserts. Opened in 2004 The Hummingbird Bakery is famous in London for Red Velvet cupcakes, The Hummingbird Bakery is the home of authentic American cupcakes, cakes and baked goods for pickup or delivery.
Guarantee & Refunds
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
All books and other items are covered by our 14 Day (No Questions Asked) Money Back Guarantee - this is comprised of purchase price and postage paid, but will usually not cover the cost of return postage. Books and other items must be returned, in the same condition as sold, to qualify for this refund. Refunds will be processed immeadiately upon return of books or other items.
However . . . number of books returned since the launch of this website in 2018 - None ! Please don't worry about the quality of any book you purchase - it'll be exactly as described in the Details section.
Ordering & Delivery
No minimum order & a simple checkout procedure. Debit & Credit Cards, Paypal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Shop Pay & American Express, etc, all accepted. All books & other items are in stock and ready for immediate dispatch (the same or the next business day).
- Free Local Delivery for large parts of the Glasgow North Area (automatically applied for qualifying postcodes) (1-2 Days).
- Standard UK Postal or Courier Delivery only £1.00 per order on orders under £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- Free UK Postal or Courier Delivery on orders over £10.00 (2-5 Days).
- UK 2 Day+ Preferred Courier delivery option (weight-based) now also available at the checkout stage (2-3 Days).
- International Delivery is available to most larger countries - charges & delivery times detailed here. Important Note : Some European Union & International orders may now be subject to VAT, import duties or taxes. If so, these would have to paid seperately, by the customer, as your order arrives in your country.
Delivery choices & costs can be calculated and checked on the Cart Page before advancing to the Checkout Page.
UK Delivery (Local, Post or Courier) :